Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sony PSP

There she is.. the Sony PSP, launched in Australia on September 1.

I recently got my hands on one of these for a whole 5 minutes and what can I say.. I want one. Santa are you listening? Write it down Santa "PSP -> Dylan - Good Boy Tick".

The PSP has a 4.3-inch 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD screen, which displays 16.77 million colours. The resolution is 480x272 which didn't sound that high res to me until I saw it.. its plenty crisp and the 3D graphics which are similar to PS2 look fantastic.
The PSP supports USB 2.0 for wired connections to the PlayStation 2 or PC and 802.11b wireless to connect to other PSPs and wireless devices.
Movies and games come on a little CD type format called UMD - you can also play music and video from a memory stick. Updates to the firmware can be downloaded and I understand the current version gives you a web browser. Now that is waaay cool.. I like the idea of that. I understand theres a home-brew community growing though the scope of what can be done is limited and it sounds like you can blow your warranty if you stuff around with it. I wish there were PDA functions then I could retire my failing Plam Tungsten T.
The PSP is selling for approx AUD $400 (not including game)
Check out the sony psp site here [JUMP]

No comments: