Monday, October 24, 2005

Logitech Harmony 880 Universal Remote

OK as far as universal remotes go this looks pretty damn good with its little 4.8cm LCD colour screen. Cost is AU$399 and for that money I'd expect this thing to read my thoughts and turn on whatever I'm thinking about. Okay being realistic I would expect the colour screen to look better - and I definately would expect it to be a touch screen. But no .. noooo touch screen for you.
Some of the redeeming features include a motion sensor that turns the screen on when you pick it up, it has a charging cradle .. (great add another wall-wart) and a macro type function that lets you say have it turn on your stereo and switch it to the right AV channel then turn on your dvd player and play! hmm.. I like that.. I see myself setting this thing up with macros to make everything go berko. tee hee.
I'm going to save my pennies and bide my time until the thought-reading variety comes out.
More info here [JUMP]

No comments: