Saturday, October 22, 2005

About this Blog

Hi, my name is Dylan Hamilton-Foster,
I'm a web developer working in Brisbane Australia. I've always been passionate about technology which probably sprang from being a total science fiction nut - I wanted to live in those futuristic worlds where robots roamed free, and everything had buttons and flashing lights.
When I got my first computer - an Apple II - I was hooked.
Well here we are in 2005 - not quite what I was promised as a kid, there's no flying cars - we dont have laser guns or rocket belts.. and nothing hovers.. oh mr gravity you arch enemy of all that is fun.
But we do have some cool things, flat screens - mobile phones - the internet - DVD and faster than light travel. What we don't have that yet? But I've seen Star Trek?? Isnt that real? Whaaaat?

OK so getting to the point - this blog will be for Technology that IS in Australia or is coming to Australia. I keep seeing gadgets that will never make it here on the net, we Aussies need our own technology blog. I'm particularly going to focus on COOOL or Quirky technology. If you have something worthy - let me know!

Stay Tuned!
Dylan

No comments: