Saturday, October 22, 2005

Nintendo DS

I had to follow a post of the sony PSP with the Nintendo DS to be fair which launched back in Feb 05.
I've always had a soft spot for Nintendo - and when I saw Nintendogs playing on a DS at my local shopping centre I was impressed - not that I'd get into that game myself but my 3yr old daughter would love it!
The DS comes with two screens both 3 inch, semi-transparent reflective TFT colour LCD with 256 x 192 resolution - the bottom one being touch sensitive so in the Nintendogs game for example you knock on a door by tapping the screen - then pat the dogs rubbing the screen.
The DS also has wireless gameplay with IEEE 802.11 and Nintendo's proprietary format - range is 30 to 100 feet.
The DS seems to be aimed at a younger market to the PSP. I'd buy this for my daughter but not for myself.
The price of the DS is about AUD$200, but I've noticed is started dropping with the recent launch of the Sony PSP. Have seen it for $200 including game.

No comments: