Friday, March 31, 2006

iRobot Roomba Discovery - our first domestic droid


Aaah, this is the day I've been waiting for my whole life, the day I get my first real droid.. this is no toy, its our first robotic home helper. It had enough charge in the battery out of the box to make its way (by itself) to its charging station and begin its three hour charge. So at about 9pm tonight it will be sent on its first real mission - the only mission it will ever know - see dirt.. remove dirt. ok so this is no R2D2 but I'm stoked the ball is rolling, the droids are coming and in less than a year, this robotic vacuum will be teamed with its sister to come (the Scooba) .. that will be interesting!

Well I'll write a review once we've seen what it can do.. how cool!

PS I got this from Harvey Norman for just AUD$399 and as a bonus the store manager threw in 3 yrs warranty!

No comments: