Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Roomba Discovery - my verdict


I would love the roomba anyway, just for the whole robotics thing but I should focus on how well it does its job.
I expect that it would remove most or all loose dirt & crumbs etc. I'm happy to say it does this and does it well. My wife usually vacuums at least once if not twice a day, since we got the Roomba Discovery last Friday - she hasn't needed to vacuum at all. I think that speaks for itself.
The instant advantage to us is the large vacuum cleaner doesnt need to be out all the time - with the frequency of our vacuuming in the past, the old Dyson rarely made it to its storage cupboard.. it was generally left out ready for the next clean. So we have more space! The Roomba lives under the couch so its totally hidden and only comes out when we command it to with the remote (the scheduling remote accessory is coming soon, as in the next month).
Is this a junky toy that bounces around the room, picking up hardly anything and getting stuck all the time? No.. its solid, does a good cleaning job and I havent seen it get into a spot it cant get out of by itself.
Totally impressed! - Its also not too noisy, yes it does make a noise.. its a vacuum cleaner what do you expect.. but its not half as noisy as an upright. If you check out the video below, I have the TV on in the background at a normal level so you can compare.
Want to see it in action? [CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY VIDEO CLIP OF THE ROOMBA IN ACTION AT OUR HOUSE]

No comments: