Tuesday, November 08, 2005

LaserPod the new Lava Lamp

I love anything that makes me feel like I'm living in the future, or in a mad scientist's workshop, either works for me.

So I had my plasma ball which died some years back, I have my rocket shaped genuine Mathmos lava lamp ... and now I spy this little beauty.

The marketing hype reads 'the LaserPod uses super advanced technology to generate the purest light known to man'
okaaay .. so how do you qualify 'super advanced technology' .. ? I mean I expect stolen alien technology here. What it does have is three electronic lasers, and three blue and purple LED's. The light is projected through a crystal and output into one of the electroplated diffusers (the domes that go on top of the aluminium base). hmm that sounds Frinkish maybe it is alien technology.

The effect is quite amazing - and not too expensive at AUD$139 You can also get the liquid diffuser accessory now for AUD$29.95 - which is another tall dome that you can fill with any type of fluid. Any type! mmm.. don't go there.

You can leave the diffuser off and the light is projected onto the ceiling. If you're out camping it will be projected into space, where it will be received by Aliens who will abduct you and torture you for stealing their technology and use the LaserPod as a nose probe.

Read more about the LaserPod here [HYPERJUMP]

No comments: