Thursday, December 22, 2005

iRobot Scooba - Robot Mop


These robotic vacuum cleaners from iRobot have been popular in the US and now they're distributing to Australia. Check out the Australian site at www.roomba.com.au

You can get the Roomba Discovery vacuum robot - which features intelligence to avoid stairs, return to its own charging station and clean up the dust and dirt you humans like to spread around.

But I'm more excited about the Scooba, the first robot mop! I never thought I'd get excited over a mop, but here we are approaching 2006.. it's strange times my friend.

We have wooden floorboards, and 2 kids who manage to coat the floor in food scraps and grime - so the Scooba is the go for us.

The Scooba is already available in the US and will be coming to Australia soon. The Discovery (and soon Scooba) are available from Harvey Norman, Domayne, Clive Peters and selected Good Guys and Retravision stores.

2 comments:

Dylan Hamilton-Foster said...

Hi, the Scooba wont be available in Australia till 'later this year' (according to the Australian distributor).
I also have very high expectations - we have polished floorboards and 2 kids, so they get pretty grimy - we need the scooba! I'll do a full review when I get my hot little hands on one.
The only dissapointment I see in the Scooba specs is it doesn't return to a charging station automatically like the discovery etc. Boo.. but I guess you really need to attend to that dirty water when its finished and not let it rot in its charging station.
Anyway - the wife has given purchasing approval so I'll get one as soon as I can!
Cheers
Dylan

Anonymous said...

I have contacted the Australia distributor for Scooba since Oct 08, but still now, they haven't got the Scooba yet, and not sure whether they will get one. Disappointed!

I really wish to have one