Thursday, January 11, 2007

R2-D2 Mobile Entertainment Robot


Wow, I thought my Hasbro R2-D2 was cool, and it is.. but this.. this is something special.. while this has just come out and isn't available in Australia yet (or anywhere?).. it HAS to come out here goddamnit or I'll really cry.
R2 is packed full of entertainment goodness, the center panel pops out to revel an ipod dock! The right hand panel reveals memory card and usb slots. There's a built in DVD/CD player and control panel.. a built in projector !!! (yes, a very cool 800x600 projector pops out and will put your favourite dvd on the wall or ceiling).
The Millennium Falcon remote control is nerdy coolness.
R2 is fully motorized and remote controlled, has built in safety sensors and light and sound effects.

My only wish is that they build an R2 with this level of technology but with more automation - if it could actually perform a cleaning or intelligent function i'd give it 10 points - this is more of a home entertainment system in a cool R2 case.. still.. I want one so badly it hurts.

No mention of price.. I'd be guessing around the $1K mark plus ?!

Now my little prayer.. "dear retail lords.. please bring this R2-D2 robot to our sun-burnt country and I shall find the money.. you do your part and I'll do mine.. amen"

More information on the manufacturers site -> [JUMP] <-

No comments: